Saturday, February 10, 2007

Stayed up waaay too late last night

I let my preschool daughter pick out which Epstein pattern (within limits) I should make her friend's Barbie for her birthday. She picked this poncho, which I heartily approved, and she picked out the colors for the stripes. I started in plenty of time a couple of days ago and proceeded to knit half of it with the wrong gauge. Dumb. (But now my daughter's Hearts Only dolls will have a poncho soon.) So I started over and was hurrying, so of course I did dumbs at every opportunity. Seaming went quickly, but I silently cursed the stripes for producing all those little ends to tuck in. Luckily, I had convinced my daughter on the first try that it would look good without a fringed bottom. That would have been maddening at 2:00am. I actually like it better without the fringe. I did this one before in self-striping yarn and with fringe and the fringe rolls terribly.

Been having fun at http://www.darklilac.com/ making my own cross stitch patterns. Getting a little ahead of myself there... let's finish the first one.

No comments: