Friday, March 02, 2007

Billions of bullions

Here are all the roses with the frills added and a couple of daisies.



Haven't visted Barbie's closet in awhile: here is a sundress I made to experiment with a lace edging. It is the one on Epstein's Barbie wedding dress. I couldn't get the gauge perfect for the wedding dress and I'm not going to commit to that particular picayune project if there is any room for error. So I practiced the edging on this more forgiving dress. The lace edge is the beginning of the pattern, so then I had to work my tutu design upside down to complete the dress. I added a bit of clear elastic around the top for security, the Barbies at our house are very active.

Another good cartoon. This one is in my collection because it refers to dance notation which is my specialty. It would be so great if everyone just picked up books of dances like in this cartoon. Apparently it was that way in the days of court dancing. Courtiers kept books of dances at the bedside to learn.

No comments: