Sunday, March 25, 2007

Kelly's Closet

Here are a couple of dresses I've knitted for Kelly ("Barbie's little sister"). This blue one I'm pretty sure was a Barbiebasics pattern once upon a time. The first one I knit flat, but this one is one of the revised in-the-round ones. Barbie and Kelly don't need extra seams bulking up their clothes if you can help it. Although, some of the Epstein stuff really does fit better seamed.

This green one I think was also Barbiebasics. It has a self-shawl. I don't care for it as much, but Kelly doesn't have many patterns and I was trying to learn about Kelly's dimensions so I could design my own.

This one with the stripe, I forget where I got the pattern. Online somewhere. If I find it again I'll annotate. It turned out pretty cute. I have also adapted this pattern to make some strapless party dresses for Kelly with different edgings. I wonder where they are. My house is amazingly and comfortingly orgranized these days, but the Barbies and Kelly aren't actually my domain. I am merely their humble costumier.

No comments: